Vert Technologies is an award-winning company in South Edinburgh who have developed, patented and are now commercialising unique technology for use in a number of markets, including air compression, refrigeration, heat pumps and aerospace. The company has moved out of the start-up phase and is now generating revenue from relationships with several global companies who have recognised the significant opportunities of collaborating with Vert to design and build bespoke applications.
At this crucial point in its development, Vert is seeking a Finance Manager to support the rapid growth the company is experiencing.
The role is part time with working hours to be discussed on an individual basis. It is based near Straiton, Edinburgh. Vert aims to offer a flexible working policy and working location, along with hours, can be discussed.
Primarily we are looking for someone who is Part Qualified or QBE Accountant to ensure the company maintains its high standards of financial management. However, we are still a small engineering company of 15 people and we would like to attract an all-rounder who has experience of:
- Applications and reporting of Grants, particularly with Scottish Enterprise.
- Purchase of Engineering parts
- Assistance to the CEO and CFO with administrative matters in particular dealing with Investor groups and due diligence during funding rounds would be very useful.
- Office management
Finance Role Key duties
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts – P&L and Balance Sheet with associated commentary and variance analysis.
- Filing VAT returns
- Payroll processing and payment & pension administration
- Processing manual journals, invoices, posting prepayments, raising invoices and GL management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Input of invoices and payments to Xero
- Reconciliation of Daily Banking, highlighting any variances or concerns to the CFO
- Reconciliation of Deliveries with Invoices on a weekly basis, highlighting any variances or concerns to the CFO
- Process payments to suppliers via BACS and Direct Debits as required, chasing payments.
- Reconciling supplier accounts and dealing with queries
- Helping with general office administration, including tasks such as answering phones, opening mail, filing and photocopying
Assist with inventory management, including monthly stock count of production items and interface with MRP system.
Logistics support in scheduling delivery of parts and orders to suppliers and customers.
Facilities management support.
- Part Qualified or QBE Accountant
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Xero
- Experience of in a Manufacturing environment, Stock/WIP Accounting preferred
Hours: TBD – minimum 24 hours per week
Salary: Depending on experience
Reports to both the CEO and part time CFO
To apply for the role, please send a CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]